WHAT IS SOUS VIDE BATTER IN BAG (BIB)?
Sous Vide Batter in Bag* (BIB) is a process in which a protein is seasoned, coated with batter, tumbled and then vacuum-sealed for cook via sous vide. The product is then removed from the cook pouch by the end user, coated in desired final crust and flash fried resulting in a perfectly cooked, tender protein with crisp coating.
BENEFITS OF SOUS VIDE BATTER IN BAG:
- Eliminates 2 steps in 3-stage breading process
- Removes raw protein handling in back of house (BOH)
- Eliminate BOH raw batter prep, labor and storage
- Cleaner process than 3 stage breading
- Fryer cook time moves from 8 minutes to 90 seconds
- Allows menu to read “hand breaded” as the BOH will still roll through final coating
- 1 SKU can be coated in a myriad of “breadings/toppings”
- Traditional frozen breaded products are served as is
Watch the video to see the full Batter In Bag process.