AFFORDABLE SOLUTIONS FOR FOODSERVICE
Sous Vide has been a staple of European cooking for decades. But until now, North American use of the technique has largely been limited to high-end, small-batch cooking.
SugarCreek intends to change all of that. In 2015, we opened our 418,000 sq.-ft. facility in Cambridge City, Indiana (CCI). The plant houses several state-of-the-art cooking technologies, but the centerpiece of the facility is its large-scale sous vide operation.
In sous vide (pronounced “sue VEED”), the food is prepped, vacuum-packed and then cooked slowly and precisely in a circulated water bath. When the food reaches its optimal internal temperature and desired texture, it is quick-chilled and then refrigerated or frozen until it is ready to be served, either in a restaurant or in a consumer’s home.
It is our belief that sous vide preparation will revolutionize the quality of RTE foods. It brings together a broad spectrum of efficiencies including better yields, less waste, consistency and food safety to produce a product that is unrivaled beyond the kitchens of the finest chefs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Quality & Consistency:
- Hot water, precision cook within 1/10°
- Integrity of cell structure is maintained
- Slow cook allows for retained moisture
- Even cook edge to edge unlike traditional methods
- Enhanced flavor and aroma
- Increased tenderness, texture
- Improved color and visual character
- Neutral proteins ready for culinary finish
- Cooks when chefs not available
- Ease of banquet/catering execution
- Simple management of fluctuating traffic periods
- Focus on FOH vs BOH; Speed of order to table
- Better yields (average sous vide shrink 5% vs. traditional cook methods at 30%)
- Less waste; Conserves energy
- Inexpensive cuts made tender
- Concentrated seasonings reduce costs
- Maximize your culinary resources; Focus on end product
Food Safety Benefits:
- Kill step achieved prior to customer receipt
- Eliminate raw protein cross contamination
- Maintains high nutritional content
- No additives or preservatives required
- Leaner products
To discuss how we can partner with your brand to co-develop innovative solutions, Click Here.
In the meantime, check out some of our most popular blog posts about sous vide:
- The Evolution of Sous Vide: Charting a Food Revolution
- Don't Know How Sous Vide Works? Check Out Our Infographic.
- Is There an Easy Way to Ensure the Safety and Shelf Life of RTE Meals?
- Sous Vide Recipes Help Maintain Consistency Across Your Brand
- Give Your Customers the Best Steak Ever with Sous Vide Recipes