Our Culinary Team
While our roots are in bacon, over the past 5 years we have made significant investments in the culinary side of our business. Our culinary team now includes 6 chefs as well as 10 R&D team members who work with the culinary team to take products from the test kitchen to the production floor.
Chef Richard Colladonato Director of Culinary Sales
- Chef Richard joined SugarCreek in January 2019
- He graduated from The Culinary Institute of America majoring in Culinary Arts
- "My favorite dish to make is homemade pizza with my kids. Throwing flour and watching them enjoy
my passion is great"
- "The best meals for me have been at a picnic
table, in the kitchen with the kitchen staff after a busy night, with a group of Hurricane victims and at those soup kitchens where people really need you. Chefs have been given a talent that can change
the day for others and that what’s make me happy”
Chef Jeff Cowles Director of Culinary Sales
- Chef Jeff Cowles has been with SugarCreek since 2015
- Jeff is a research/technical chef working in sales and innovation with large chains. Jeff is based out of St. Simons Island, Georgia
- Gavin Estes, based in Louisville Colorado, has been with SugarCreek since October of 2017
- He, along with many of our other chefs, focus on Sous Vide cooking and how SugarCreek can incorporate more of that style of cooking into our production
- "My favorite part of being a chef is how the chef community is a true brotherhood. Most chefs are willing to help and teach what they know."
- "One pot cooking has always been one of my favorite methods. Layering flavors while maintaining
ingredient doneness and viscosity is challenging
Chef Martin O'Brien
- Chef Martin O'Brien has been with SugarCreek since the beginning of 2019, working out of our Cambridge City Plant
- “As a chef, I like there being silence at the dinner table, meaning that everyone is eating. There is no better compliment than nothing because their mouths are full.”
- "I love the intellect that I get to work with. The people in the product development team are
some of the most intelligent people to come
across. I like that it is a family-oriented company
- Chef Zach Shepard has been with SugarCreek
- He attended Miami University for a business
degree before focusing his attention on his
culinary career. He attended and graduated
from the Midwest Culinary Institute in 2006
- SugarCreek's innovative Batter in Bag
technology was created by the help Chef
Zach and other creative team members,
something that is changing the way proteins
are handled and cooked
- His golden rule in the kitchen is Misen Place,
which is French for everything in its place. "90%
of cooking is prep, so if a restaurant is not prepared,
they won’t succeed"
Tell The Reader More
The headline and subheader tells us what you're offering, and the form header closes the deal. Over here you can explain why your offer is so great it's worth filling out a form for.
- Bullets are great
- For spelling out benefits and
- Turning visitors into leads.